BABYBOP
je suis un bébé requin,
and this is a photo journal of a previous life.
samedi 20 décembre 2014
Seeing the blessing in a Blizzard
This afternoon, like every Monday and Wednesday, I had German class. Like every afternoon, there are two buses to the station, the first leaving at 5:55, and a second at 6:01. Although the second has a faster route, everyone seems to take the earlier one. I, like many others, have a short term thinking, and as a result, I took the first bus. However, like many a time before, I arrived at the station just as the train was pulling up.  This called for a spring to the train, which I subsequently missed. At the time I thought it was frustrated beyond belief. This would mean I would arrive at German class an hour late,  and I would only make it for the last 30 minutes.


I felt the frustration in me rise, I wanted to kick down the stairs, but on the outside I tried to remain calm. The art of long term thinking is something that I have yet to acquire, and this situation has shown me the necessity of this skill. However, it will probably take a life time to attain, all in good time, all in good time. Yet I was blessed with the other experiences I was able to gather whilst waiting at the station. A manager-type, about 50 secretly inhaling a whiff of coke, two old friends who use sign language to communicate with each other, and of course the Volkswagen factory lit up in all its glory for the Christmas season.

Libellés : ,

0 Comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire


merci beaucoup pour votre commentaire..