BABYBOP
je suis un bébé requin,
and this is a photo journal of a previous life.
samedi 23 mai 2009
Romance Was Born in the Form of beautiful hair
So this coming Saturday [30/05/09] I have my best friend's 21st birthday at the local Senior's Club. [Note: You can tell you're getting old when a friend is holding a birthday at a senior's club.] 
Anyway, the theme is "Bad Hair Ball". I have been wracking my brain for weeks to to think of a good "Cra-zaza-y hairdo.. especially as i am going to have to do a speech and can't look too catastophic. People might gasp aloud! `

So i headed to the trusty internets for clues on what I could do. Fortunately last month, Australian Fashion Week enbraced Sydney Harbour, and the paper and various websites kept me up with photos and reviews galore!

This got me interested in the brand Romance was born. They're a gorgeous brand and they're really me. Their collections are completely bright, colourful and out there. They really were my personal favourites at this year's fashion show, with their Underwater collection. 

Their visionaries Anna Plunkett and Luke Sales were  deemed one of the most spectacular and wacky collecions of fashion week and I completely agree. 

Before I give you insight, it is said that Romance was Born is influenced by Captain Planet and 80's movies. Tell me if you can you see it?



So thinking of ideas for the party this week seems a less difficult task with these guys at hand.

``I love the girl's hair here.. and the use of wool and materials for a 'coral' look on the male moh-dehl.

``The use of make-up to blend in the hair here is GORGEOUS!

``The fake moustaché is a complete hit!

``Seaweed hair and an octopus head? Brilliant.
and even bigger photos for you post-faetus lovers of

``Lobster hair!

``Green-poop-like hair

``I'm not sure about the hair.. cupcakes on my head doesn't really do it for me, but i love the ourfit.. does that count?

``THE TULLE, THE TULLE!!

``Ohh, the detail in that dress, GIRL!

``Have i ever told you how much i want red hair, ever?

Afterwards, I looked at their previous collections, developing a sort of tangent from my original hair ideas, as i completely loved their detail and colours..

I was not dissappointed.
-A TRIBAL WEDDING-

-THE GARDEN OF EDEN-
``This is my favourite. If i can find a crimper and some schweet ass hair spray, i am going to try and do this doo..

``Apples on my head, i love it.

``Less crazy, more beautiful, but still an option

Let's make a toast to Romance was born. May their clothing line one day be available to us mignons of the fashion world, and may they keep delevoping gorgeous outfits.

This is Anna and Luke themselves. Even her own dress sense is gorgeous. ``dayyymm girl *snap snap snap*
Photos of Romancewasborn  found here, here and on their site here.

Afternote: Racing through various images, I came across Vivienne's 09 Autumn/Winter Collection who also seemed to create gorgeous hair designs which i am seriously contemplating. Take a look.



``I love the girls cheering here.



`` Apparently Red is the new black.

Excuse me for the ridiculously long post, but i just wanted to share with everyone how gorgeous these outfits were, and i totes couldn't do it in less photos.

What yo' doin this weekend? Anythin spectacular? Our church is having its 110th or so anniversary, and each year this occurs, we get $16 worth of food for $4. The best, seriously. come dro by cpc surry hillz if you live in sydney! I tells you, totes worth it!!

Libellés : ,

12 Comments:
Blogger Amelia made virtual vomit ♥♥
I love Pretty in Pink! This collection is super-cool.

Re your comment: Yeah, I did the double picture with editing in Photoshop. A long exposure could look pretty cool, though.

Blogger chalortte made virtual vomit ♥♥
I love thats !!!

Blogger In-tree-gue made virtual vomit ♥♥
this is all sooooooooooo amazing

Blogger AsianCajuns made virtual vomit ♥♥
Oh I lovvvve all these inspiring hair images and can't wait to see what you do? My weekend might consist of a local beer fest and moving. Could possibly be a dangerous combination ;)

Blogger Six Six Sick made virtual vomit ♥♥
I'm in love with Romance Was Born, those color combos and knits are killing me!!!!

xxx,
Tiffany

Blogger Kenny made virtual vomit ♥♥
wow this post is unbelievable! the vivienne collection looks fantastic

thanks for the comment! to answer your question: no, i'm not in college, but i will be next year. my room at home is really tiny, so i have storage space under my bed. thanks again!

Blogger SOS! made virtual vomit ♥♥
vivienne is amazing!!
xx-LJ from SOS!

Blogger indigotangerine made virtual vomit ♥♥
pretty in pink! my favorite! I love the clothes. and the hair. and the makeup. it's like a fantasy world where everybody looks crazy and fabulous.
-indigo

Anonymous Anonyme made virtual vomit ♥♥
wow, i've just been bombed with inspiration !!

Blogger Joyti made virtual vomit ♥♥
The themed birthday sounds fantastic. Hope it goes well. :)

Blogger Merily made virtual vomit ♥♥
um, what'd you mean by that?
Well, I had an appointment to discuss what's my idea for the hairdo and we went through some photos and stuff.

Blogger kiah k. made virtual vomit ♥♥
These are fantastic!

Enregistrer un commentaire


merci beaucoup pour votre commentaire..