BABYBOP
je suis un bébé requin,
and this is a photo journal of a previous life.
lundi 8 juin 2009
Happy Queen's Birthday
yo.

So today, it was a queen's birthday. That's right- A queen. Not thee queen, residing in Today's England, but another queen from history... I'm not sure why they dont change her birthday on the calendar every time a new one comes into place.  I guess it's a burden having to change the calendar every so often for it, as well as the confusing-ness of it all. alright, touché. You win government. Keep the Queen's birthday. I didn't want it changed anyway. ``humph.
Anyway, due to it being an important figure's birthday, and therefore being a public holiday (so why isn't my birthday a holiday you're asking furiously, i know, i was asking myself the same thing...) it was that time of month again to head to the MCA for the Yayoi Kusama exhibit.. It finished today, so what better day to go, right? anyway, it was special, seeing as i had to head into the city. Anything more than 20 minutes away is considered a special occasion, so you can imagine, that's a whole lot of special occasions. 

here's my outfit for it..




dress`Melbourne
Stockings`The Local
Shoes` Seattle Markets
Jacket` Vintage
necklace`handmade from Japanese 100yen store cupcake and laser-cut piece from friend.

and the laydee herself..
I actually think she's a bit creepy myself, but her works are amazing. They capture things with such detail, and she has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder so her pieces are all ... mindblowing.. Although when we went, one sentence on the walls read " No artists have ever Influenced me" now personally, i dont know how this could be, seeing as nothing is ever original, just borrowed.

Anyway, here are some of the shots from today..

Outside Central Station on the train.








Libellés : ,

28 Comments:
Blogger jess made virtual vomit ♥♥
I love your necklace

Blogger Amelia made virtual vomit ♥♥
I love this outfit--that jacket is epic! The exhibit looks super-cool, too.

Re your comment: I just don't follow any blogs using blogger. I started reading blogs on my google reader long before I became a blogger myself, so I keep reading them there. Old habits die hard, I suppose. So, yeah, I don't have any idea if there's a button or something.

Blogger Joyti made virtual vomit ♥♥
Queen's birthday sounds like President's day here in the U.S.
Love your tights.

Blogger jenbern made virtual vomit ♥♥
thank you so much for the comment!! :)
& i love that jacket!!

Blogger Isabel made virtual vomit ♥♥
Amazing outfit! You are completely gorgeous and I love that crazy jacket!

Blogger Emy Augustus made virtual vomit ♥♥
lol she does look a bit creepy but that's okay. What's her name? Queen?

Blogger Sammiebbz * made virtual vomit ♥♥
haha love the last photo! :-) looks like youu hada good time! and funny enough i share the a queen's birthday same day as mine :) and by the way i dunno how to follow your blog lol xoox

Blogger Amal FM made virtual vomit ♥♥
I like all ur posts & photos..
hope see u in real life :D in London <3
btw..how 2 follow ur blog? is there any link ?

Blogger Rebecca, A Clothes Horse made virtual vomit ♥♥
You look awesome. I agree--everyon is influenced by others; it is the human predicament.

Blogger Diana made virtual vomit ♥♥
bajezus, i've never actually seen you, but i see all of you here. you are a cutie pie! these shots are great and i'm totally jealous of your long hair!
i love that cupcake necklace! bombdiggity!

Blogger Doshii made virtual vomit ♥♥
haha you are funny ! You spent your long weekend wisely. I was at Kusuma's exhibition earlier this year, its like you are warped into a new dimension!

So envious you got to take pictures the security was so uptight that day i guess i had to respect the art work.

Great to read another aussie blog better yet you are in Sydney!

Anonymous Anonyme made virtual vomit ♥♥
woohoo!! love yayoi kusuma :D your outfit is great, that necklace is SO CUTE !!!

Blogger Haute World made virtual vomit ♥♥
Great outfit... I love the cardigan and that cupcake necklace! Wow, I would have loved to have seen that exhibit... looks crazy!

And yes, I live in Paris... I have some Paris stuff on my blog already, but I'll start posting more in the future of course :) I'm sure you'll have a great time. Love Australia by the way... visited three times and I hope to go again next year.

Blogger Tahlia Cantwell. made virtual vomit ♥♥
I fully, totally... completely am still learning how this blog this works.. STILL.

Buuuuuuuut thanks for the kind words..
and WOAHHHHHHHH you're blog is rad! super =]

Blogger ..... made virtual vomit ♥♥
I kike your dress so much, I don't know his artist but I liked the tentacles ;)!!
kissses

Blogger Fashionista made virtual vomit ♥♥
love how you have the time to put up the pictures, sooo many pictures. And loove your outfit. Just wish people wouldn't be so conservative in here, an example: If i would wear an outfit like yours, people would just make sour faces and look me like i had something stupid on. But i love it.:)

Blogger Syed made virtual vomit ♥♥
:O SO jealous!!! I would love to have seen the Kusama exhibition. I absolutely love your jacket, and that cupcake necklaces is so cute :)

Blogger Georgia made virtual vomit ♥♥
I want that jacket. Its
a) got colours
b) looks warm
c) looks textured and touchable

It would be mine

Blogger Hello Naka made virtual vomit ♥♥
i love trains!

ur coats seems so snuggly :p
the cupcake is so snuggly :3

Anonymous sexy legs and body made virtual vomit ♥♥
Hi, thanks for the comment on my blog. interesting blog you have here.... awesome outfit. Please visit again.
Colin.

Blogger chalortte made virtual vomit ♥♥
Great images !

Blogger Six Six Sick made virtual vomit ♥♥
Love your jacket, and I'm so jealous that you got to see that exhibition. I've seen one of her works in person, would love to see more! Thanks for sharing~!

xxx,
Tiffany

Blogger Meg made virtual vomit ♥♥
She does look creepy! Yikes! And I can't see how she has not been influenced, but oh well, her work looks really cool.

Blogger Seriale-modeuse made virtual vomit ♥♥
Wow, that necklace is so cuuuuuute ! And I love your vintage jacket.

Blogger Adwina Noh made virtual vomit ♥♥
Thanx for ur comment at my blog :)
btw, i love ur outfit, the vintage jacket is so nice! and the art exhibition looks awesome <3 x

Blogger 50two made virtual vomit ♥♥
i missed out on yayoi kusama when it was at MCA!! i'm so stupid, i only realised how great she was after it was over. i read an interview and she seems really in her own world, im actually quite convinced she doesnt get influenced by others. something about obliterating haha .. i wish i saw it :( lucky you !!

Blogger Pen made virtual vomit ♥♥
Ooh your necklace is lovely! I kind of want to eat it.

That exhibition looked amazing/like a lot of fun. Wish it came to Melbourne :)!

Blogger Slanelle made virtual vomit ♥♥
your jacket is amazing !!

Enregistrer un commentaire


merci beaucoup pour votre commentaire..