BABYBOP
je suis un bébé requin,
and this is a photo journal of a previous life.
mardi 8 mars 2011
The Letter.
Dear Yann,

Before i tell you any of this, just remember, you are the one that is supposed to correct my letters, I am not supposed to be writing one to your parents...

Yours truly.





when you write a letter to the one you love, to their parents, what are you supposed to say?

Any mere condolence letter must feel so distant, no words can express the feelings that you have.

I was told to write what comes to mind, but do they feel the same way i do?

What if they didn't get along.

What if you feel guilty that you didn't go to their funeral, but their parents were able to make it.

The tears will start to flow again, that is what will happen.

When you read layouts of what a letter should sound like, it has no emotion, no feelings, just "deepest sympathies". What does that even mean.

And so i will write.



Dear Corine and Francis,

I write to you with a shaken heart, and to extend the deepest condolences on Yann's death. [**Even as i write that he is dead, i don't believe it, i feel sick at the feeling.] He was a dear friend of mine, and he is going to be deeply missed. You both should be so proud to have had him as a son.

I am so blessed to have had such a friendship with him, and i know he is going to be greatly missed by his friends and family.

I treasured his friendship, and will forever recall our time together in Ruelle and Oleron. I remember the first time i met him in 2004, when we became great friends. We would play cards together, and he taught me so much about the french language and culture. He was so generous to me, introducing me to his friends, taking me to the movies, ice skating.
When i came back to Australia, we kept in contact, and then i came on exchange to France again last year, I was blessed to be able to spend time with him in Oleron.

It is a strange feeling to know that we will never hear his voice again, be able to talk to him again, but all we can do is remember the fun times that were shared. It is surreal to think that someone could be there one day, and instantaneously gone the next. I am glad to have been able to have met him and shared such a great friendship with him.

I am glad to hear that he was buried on the Island of Oleron that he loved so much, so that even now, he will be able to enjoy the sun and sea.

If you would like me to do anything, please let me know. I want to help out if i can.

My very best to you and your family in this time of sorrow,

F.

------------------------------------

Chers Francis et Corine,

Je vous ecris avec le coeur boulversé, je tiens à vous presenter ainsi qu'à vos proches, mes sincères condoléances. Yann était un très bon ami. Il va profondément me manquer. Vous devez être fiers d'avoir eu un fils comme lui.

Je suis vraiment contente d'avoir eu une telle amitié avec Yann, et je sais bien qu'il sera énormement remémoré par sa famille et ses amies. J'ai chéri son amitié et me souviendrai toujours de notre temps ensemble à Ruelle et Oléron. Je me souviens notre première rencontre en 2004, quand nous sommes devenus amis. Nous avons joué aux cartes ensemble, et j'ai appris beaucoup de choses de la langue française, et de votre culture. Il était tellement généreux avec moi: il me presentait ses amies, nous allions au cinéma, et à la patinoire ensemble.

Quand je suis repartie en Australie, nous avions gardé contact, alors l'année dernière, quand je suis revenue en echange en France, je fus très heureuse de passer du temps avec lui.

C'est un sensation étrange de savoir qu'on ne se reverra plus, je le garderai toujours en mèmoire. C'est surréel d'imaginer qu'un ami est là un jour, et on le perd le lendemain. Encore, je suis contente d'avoir fait sa connaissance et d'avais partagé une grande amitié avec lui.

Ça me fais plaisir d'entendre qu'il a été enterré dans l'île d'Oléron qu'il aimait vraiment, il pourra encore apprécier le soleil et la plage.

Je vous embrasse. Transmets mes amitiés à Natacha et Gwenael.

F.

Libellés :

2 Comments:
Blogger Hello Naka made virtual vomit ♥♥
this is realy thoughtful and well written. I'm sure they'll be really thankful for your support and kind words

Blogger Kristina made virtual vomit ♥♥
I am so sorry to read about your loss. I have also lost a very good friend of mine almost one month ago. The pain, my constant thoughts and the empty space in my heart remains. I was standing at his grave during the funeral, looking down and I still could not believe that he is gone forever. I think things like that can simply be not understand my the human mind. Would be too painful. I remember the good and bad times we shared and I know, whereever he is now, he is always in my heart. But I miss him terribly. Every day, every minute.
Hope you will feel better soon, be strong!

Enregistrer un commentaire


merci beaucoup pour votre commentaire..